Today’s guest is Nichole Sickel, a student at Arcadia University who jumped into a study abroad program with both feet… five days into her freshman year! She shares her experience and the lessons she learned along the way in this interview.
Nicole tells of being very hesitant to travel so far from home, especially in her freshman year, but it quick to point out the benefits, including
- discovering inner strength,
- meeting new people,
- creating a fresh start from high school,
- the effect that it has had on her confidence, especially trying new things.
- the impact on her major
Links to resources discussed in the episode:
- Arcadia University,
- the First Year Study Abroad Experience,
- University of Stirling, and
- University of London
Nichole has graciously shared her top four tips for studying abroad. Click below to get them!
Get Nichole's Tips for Studying Abroad!
If you are about to spend a semester away from home - or if you know someone who is - check out this free resource!